Trend Micro helps customers to prepare, protect and recover from ransomware attacks
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in security software and solutions, is committed to protecting customers and consumers against today’s greatest security threats. Trend Micro has blocked more than 100 million ransomware threats for their customers in the last six months alone, with 99 percent of threats blocked from email and web traffic. Recognizing the growth and impact of ransomware, the company has taken a holistic approach to helping customers defend against ransomware, and is delivering:
- Ransomware Readiness Assessment that helps businesses of all sizes understand vulnerabilities in their security posture, and provides concrete actions they can take
- Ransomware Removal Tools that help both consumers and businesses that have been impacted by ransomware recover their data
- Product Enhancements to bolster ransomware protection across four key layers of security, and provide enterprise-wide visibility of ransomware
“Trend Micro is actively assessing the threat of ransomware and acting to protect against it,” said Eva Chen, CEO of Trend Micro. “We understand this pervasive form of cyberattack can be debilitating to enterprises, regardless of size or industry, and can cause grave amounts of stress and costs to consumers. Trend Micro business and consumer products have been tuned to deliver the best protection against ransomware. Our ransomware recovery tools and phone hotlines leverage the threat expertise within Trend Micro to deliver always-on support and help customers to prepare for the possibility of an attack, or quickly if they’ve already been hit.”
There is no silver bullet when it comes to ransomware protection; it requires a holistic approach and Trend Micro delivers ransomware protection across 4 key layers:
- Email: Trend Micro delivers deeper inspection than traditional email gateways for both on premise and cloud-based email, such as Microsoft Office 365. This detects and blocks spear phishing emails and attachments or URLs that carry ransomware – the most common way ransomware infects an organization.
- Endpoint: Trend Micro delivers a full range of next-gen endpoint protection capabilities to detect and block ransomware, including the shielding of unpatched vulnerabilities, application control, and behavior monitoring to keep an eye out for suspicious activity such as encryption of multiple files, with the ability to halt encryption in its tracks and isolate the infected endpoint.
- Network: Trend Micro continually monitors the enterprise network with advanced detection capabilities and custom sandboxing across all traffic, ports and protocols to stop ransomware from infiltrating and spreading.
- Server: Trend Micro protects servers, whether physical, virtual or in the cloud, with suspicious activity detection and prevention, vulnerability shielding to stop ransomware from exploiting known server software vulnerabilities and lateral movement detection to prevent ransomware from spreading to other servers.
“Trend Micro is now taking their industry leadership to a new level by offering stronger solutions to combat ransomware,” said John Dickson, Director of IT Infrastructure, RNDC. “Offering an all-inclusive solution and custom hotline to any enterprise customer or consumer dealing with ransomware along with upgrades to existing products will help further protect their customers in this global, digital age.”
Trend Micro delivers enhanced central visibility of how ransomware is impacting an organization – identifying ransomware delivered through email, malicious URLs, a network breach or server compromise. This enables incidents to be more rapidly investigated and resolved, and enables ransomware trends to be tracked over time so that an organization’s overall security posture can be improved.
“The bottom line is that it’s more important the ever to have a multi-layered approach to security for enterprises,” said Doug Cahill, senior analyst covering cybersecurity at ESG. “Trend Micro offers an extensive set of security controls to protect enterprises from ransomware providing the visibility required to understand how they are being impacted and how they can respond to improve their security posture. Their knowledge of the complexity and sophistication of ransomware brings a level of expertise that helps organizations mitigate the risk associated with this pervasive threat.”
No size of business is immune to ransomware and that’s why Trend Micro’s small business solution, Worry-Free Services Advanced, delivers capabilities that protect against it:
Email: Trend Micro detects and blocks malicious emails, attachments and URLs with malware scanning, web reputation and sandbox malware analysis.
- Endpoint: Trend Microprovides endpoint protection that includes capabilities specific to ransomware such asbehavior monitoring to stop suspicious activity associated with ransomware such as the rapid encryption of multiple files.
Worry-Free Services Advanced is designed specifically for small businesses as a cloud-based solution, with simple but powerful protection that minimizes day to day management.
Trend Micro warns consumers ransomware can arrive on their computers from compromised websites, spammed emails, or wrapped in other malware, holding precious files and photos ransom.
Trend Micro™ Security 10 customers are already protected against ransomware. If consumers suspect that they have ransomware on their computer, Trend Micro can help.
For over 30 years, Trend Micro’s unwavering vision has been to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Security is our entire focus, and it shows. This single-minded passion has inspired our innovations that keep up with the bad guys despite a changing IT landscape, riskier user behavior, and constantly evolving threats.
The depth of our experience remains unmatched. From the endpoint to the network to the cloud, we’ve got you covered with a connected threat defense recognized by analysts, customers, and industry gurus of all kinds.
Dubai Internet City,
PO Box 500244
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Buy credits to publish your articles on Al Bawaba Biz here