Company Pays $5000 Fine After Worker Dies From Electrocution in UAE

Published March 13th, 2018 - 12:03 GMT
Worker died after being electrocuted (AFP/File Photo)
Worker died after being electrocuted (AFP/File Photo)

A Laborer died after being electrocuted at a construction site in Al Rumaila area in Ajman.

The Ajman Municipality and Planning Department ascertained that the accident happened as the company was neglecting proper occupational safety procedures, reported Al Bayan.

The company has been issued a fine of Dh20,000 ($5,444) as well as suspension of all work on the site until proper safety precautions are put in place, said Engineer Khalifa Abdullah Al Falasi, director of the buildings department at the municipality.

A committee of engineers from the buildings department was formed to issue a report detailing the circumstances of the incident to the local authorities.

 

 

Al Falasi noted the importance of daily inspection campaigns on urban projects. He added that all construction companies were issued circulars detailing the required safety measures on developing sites, including the wearing of protective helmets, gloves and shoes.

All offending companies will face suspension regarding future activities as well as current projects until safety measures are implemented.

If consultation offices are found responsible for safety infractions, they will be fined Dh5,000 ($1,361) for their negligence.

 

This article has been adapted from its original source.


Copyright © 2019 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved.

You may also like