The culprit who invaded the stage at Justin Bieber’s gig on Sunday appears to have apologised to the teen heartthrob.
Virgin Radio aired a 20-second anonymous apology from a male listener on Monday night who claimed to be the stage invader.
The station claimed he contacted them directly. The alleged culprit said: “I want to say sorry and if Justin can hear me, I didn’t mean to scare him. I’m a true ‘Belieber’.”
The concert intruder approached Bieber with his arms outstretched before being rugby tackled by security - just as he appeared to be about to grab the singer.
Bieber, performing his second gig in as many nights at the Sevens Stadium, leapt to the left side of the stage as the piano he had been playing just seconds before clattered to the floor.
Thomas Ovesen, COO of Done Events, said that the Sunday night stage rusher was a “13 or 14-year-old youth who wanted a hug from his idol”. Ovesen said he was taken backstage and questioned by both Bieber’s personal security team and show security. “He was not in possession of anything and was deemed harmless,” said Ovesen.
Both security teams agreed not to press charges and the youth was “ejected from the venue”, Ovesen said. Police were not involved in the decision. Bieber may have escaped unscathed, but embarrassingly the song he was singing at the time, Believe, continued with vocals during the fracas – leading many fans to accuse the star of lip-synching.
A source told 7DAYS that Bieber and his team even considered leaving Dubai early after the melee on Sunday night. The hitmaker continues his world tour in Cape Town on Wednesday.
“They need to file a flight plan for their jet and were discussing whether to go for safari in South Africa early or stay in Dubai for leisure activities,” the source said. However, another source said Bieber had not yet checked out of the Burj Al Arab hotel.
© 2022 Al Sidra Media LLC