ALBAWABA- Iranian authorities are investigating reports of an explosion and fire in the city of Parand, approximately 30 kilometers southwest of Tehran, after thick black smoke was seen rising over the area for several hours on Wednesday.
State media said residents heard an explosion before flames broke out near a riverbank. The Parand fire department attributed the blaze to burning reeds and said firefighters quickly brought the situation under control. Officials reported no casualties or material damage.
Videos circulating on social media showed large plumes of smoke over the satellite city, which hosts residential developments and industrial zones. The footage fueled online speculation, particularly given Parand’s proximity to sensitive infrastructure sites.
The incident follows a series of unexplained explosions and fires reported across Iran since late January.
These include a deadly blast in Bandar Abbas that killed one person and injured 14, explosions in Ahvaz, a power plant outage in Tehran, a fire at a military facility in eastern Tehran, and marketplace fires in several districts. In most cases, authorities have cited gas leaks or industrial accidents as the cause.
However, the timing of the incidents has intensified speculation amid ongoing nuclear negotiations between Iran and the United States and heightened regional tensions.
Iranian officials have not accused any foreign actors in the Parand case, while both Israel and the United States have previously denied involvement in similar incidents.

