The Human Rights Watch condemned the Saudi-led airstrike on Yemen last week as an "apparent war crime," AFP reported, which killed at least 65 civilians in residential buildings.
The monitor called for a UN investigation into all parties' attacks in Yemen and said Saudi Arabia has failed to look into alleged breaches of the rules of engagement.
"With no evident military target, this attack appears to be a war crime," HRW senior emergencies researcher Ole Solvang said.
In a statement the monitor called for a UN probe on actions of all factions in the Yemeni conflict — the Saudi-led coalition, Houthi rebels and government loyalists, according to AFP.
"The failure of Saudi Arabia and other coalition members to investigate apparently unlawful airstrikes in Yemen demonstrates the need for the United Nations Human Rights Council to create a commission of inquiry," it said.
More than 3,640 people have been killed in the country since Saudi-led coalition airstrikes began in late March, according to the UN.
On Monday Saudi Arabia declared a five-day ceasefire in Yemen, which began with a rocky start as clashes continued in northern and southern parts of the country.
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)