IBQ customers experience the most exhilarating thrills of Gulf Air Grand Prix in Bahrain

Published April 24th, 2007 - 09:36 GMT

The International Bank of Qatar’s (IBQ) exclusive credit card promotion, allowed IBQ credit card winners, the exhilarating opportunity of travelling to Bahrain and watching the Gulf Air Grand Prix 2007 live last week.

Besides the countless numbers of fans who watched the Gulf Air Grand Prix 2007 on television this year, a total of 90,000 spectators attended the three day event, among them were six lucky IBQ customers. The event was marked as one of the biggest sporting events in the Gulf region.

“This was truly one of the most magnificent events I have ever had the opportunity to watch live. The atmosphere was absolutely thrilling. To watch the world’s most elite sportsmen rush to the finish line, while witnessing the pure energy of the cheering crowds was a thrill. To see a car race to the finish line is an extraordinary experience, which would not have been possible without IBQ” commented one of the credit card winners.

The six lucky IBQ winners watched as Felipe Massa of Ferrari won the Grand Prix 2007 and Lewis Hamilton of McLaren finished second, becoming the first driver to start his Formula One career with three straight top-three finishes. Massa won by 2.36 seconds over Hamilton . Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari was third, and Nick Heidfeld of BMW-Sauber was fourth.

“We strive to offer our customers something different through exciting new opportunities and promotions. Our six winners would agree that having the chance to watch this extraordinary race live is an unforgettable experience. An experience that will only cement our already solid customer relationships," commented Michael Williams, General Manager of IBQ.

 

Each of the IBQ winners; Narayanan Sabu, Ellen Boucher, Mustapha Kamal, Basel Sabi, Jebi K. John, and Saadallah M. Hamad were able to experience in style the once-in-a-lifetime chance to witness sports history in the making. They enjoyed return flights to Bahrain, meet & greet upon arrival, return transfers to the Bahrain International Circuit, a ticket to one of the main grandstands and a number of Gulf Air Grand Prix giveaways.


About the International Bank of Qatar (IBQ)
The International Bank of Qatar (IBQ); a well established and rapidly growing financial institution, previously known as Grindlays Qatar, celebrated its 50th year anniversary in 2006. IBQ today is a joint venture fully managed, with 20% owned, by the National Bank of Kuwait (NBK); the largest bank in Kuwait and one of the leading banks in the Middle East. The remaining 80% is owned by influential Qatari entities, whilst the bank is Chaired by Qatar's First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affair's H.E. Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al-Thani.

Taking half a century of extensive experience in service-based private and corporate banking, IBQ has been and continues to expand its retail banking business with a parallel strategy, based on that experience, which accentuates its high quality service-based approach. IBQ today, offers its customers a full range of retail, private and corporate banking solutions with a strong commitment to excellent quality service, and a focus on building long-lasting relationships. With a total of 4 branches and 9 ATMs located in strategic locations throughout Qatar, IBQ is an increasingly prominent local player that benefits from an international network as a result of its affiliation with NBK.


 


© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

You may also like