Israel's interior minister on Tuesday extended a travel ban on nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu for another year, officials said.
Vanunu, who has been barred from leaving the country since he was freed from prison last year, must remain in the country until at least April 19, 2006, said Gilad Heiman, a spokesman for the Interior Minister.
Vanunu, a former technician at Israel's nuclear plant in the southern town of Dimona, was released in April 2004 after serving 18 years for divulging information about Israel's secretive atomic program to a British newspaper.
Last week, Vanunu went on trial for allegedly violating the terms of his release, which also includes a ban on contacts with foreigners. At the hearing, prosecutors accused Vanunu of giving interviews to foreign media.