Israeli soldiers reportedly moved out of a Palestinian refugee camp in southern Gaza on Saturday night, the army said, ending a two-day raid that killed 11 Palestinians and wounded dozens, the largest Israeli military operation since Yasser Arafat's death last month.
Meanwhile, two Qassam rockets were fired at the southern Israeli town of Sderot on Sunday morning. As a result, three people were lightly wounded by shrapnel and a number of others suffered from shock when one of the rockets hit a main intersection in the town.
A short time later, Palestinians fired a third Qassam rocket at a settlement in the area, according to Israeli press reports. A chicken coop was seriously damaged in the attack.
Palestinians also fired a mortar shell at a settlement in the northern Gaza Strip and opened fire on "Ganei Tal" in southern Gaza Strip. There were no casualties in either of these two incidents, the reports said.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)