Kuwait: 25 US troops wounded in ''bus accident''

Published February 17th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

A bus carrying US soldiers rolled over near a Kuwaiti air base over the weekend, wounding 25 soldiers, four of them seriously, a military spokesman confirmed Tuesday.  

 

The Kuwaiti authorities are investigating the accident, which occurred Sunday afternoon close to the Ali Al Salem air base, Capt. Randall Baucom told The Associated Press.  

 

The bus had been leased from a local company, Baucom said.  

 

News of the accident surfaced on Tuesday after the Kuwaiti daily Al-Anba reported it.  

 

The four American troops who were seriously injured have been admitted to the Kuwait Armed Forces hospital. The other injured were treated at various U.S. camps in Kuwait, Baucom conveyed. (Albawaba.com)

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content