A brand new collaboration of some of the most prestigious and well known international design brands is set to launch at INDEX 2009, under the banner ‘Disegno’, bringing the very best of Italian cutting-edge interior design to Dubai.
The Disegno project was formed by a joint venture of three Dubai-based companies, RS Arabia, Duram and Kart Furniture, with the specific intention of showcasing a number of specially selected high-end interior design companies in the Middle East. Having officially launched at INDEX, the intention is that Disegno will promote different brands at different trade events in the future – and plans also include a two day workshop in Dubai in the new year which will bring four very high profile international designers into the region.
The Disegno stand at INDEX will be totally unique, featuring innovative new materials and design. Coordinated by RS Arabia, the stand will be designed by Kart Design, with fit-out and project management undertaken by Duram. Lighting will be provided by Huda Lighting, and the overall structural engineering by Sinergo. The companies exhibiting at INDEX 2009 under the Disegno brand are:
• Paola Lenti - specializing in unique rugs and seating. Globally renowned for textile innovation in design, the 2009 collection “Essential Nature” uses a series of materials including iron, stone and wood, which are combined with high tech materials that perform well in difficult environments
• Flou - representing “the culture of sleep”. Flou’s innovative designer beds have marked its position as a global market leader. Established by Rosario Messina in 1978, the company prides itself on the quality, design, elegance and performance of its pioneering products
• Kartell – set apart as a “hallmark of design”, Kartell has collaborations with many world famous designers, including Philippe Starck. Featuring a series of unique, stand out products, Kartell continues to experiment with new materials and technology, and has been able to introduce satin finishing, transparency effects, flexibility, weather resistance, softness and texture
• Serralunga - founded in Italy in 1825, Serralunga has come a long way since its days as a tannery. Known for beautiful oversized garden pots and furniture, Serralunga has transformed the simple flower vase into a sculpture, a lamp, a landmark, and a meeting point between the plant kingdom, furniture and technology. The company has worked with twenty or so international designers in recent years, including Zaha Hadid
• Zanotta – established in 1954, Zanotta is one of the recognized leaders in Italian industrial design. Guided by the insight and wonderful entrepreneurship abilities of the founder, Aurelio Zanotta, the company has won international recognition thanks to its products, emblematic for both their formal and technological innovations. Today’s collection includes inspirational armchairs, sofas, storage units, bookcases, chairs, tables, coffee tables and furnishing accessories, designed and created with the advanced use of a host of materials including metals, plastics, glass, marble, granite, wood, fabrics and leather.
• Vitra - manufacturing furniture designs by Charles & Ray Eames and George Nelson since 1957. Vitra has built on this foundation and has developed a wide range of furnishings for the office, for the home and for public spaces in collaboration with progressive designers.
• Haute Material – creating unique pieces, made out of precious old wood, worked with respect, wisdom and craftsmen methodology. The material is first selected and respecting the history it contains, ‘reinvented’ through an original contamination with contemporary materials (steel and glass). The end result is always an object of indisputable personality, which never goes unnoticed and which gives a unique and sophisticated touch to any interior where it’s placed. The successful mix of antique and modern, past and future, severity and a sense of disorder, makes each piece of the collections an item of passionate modernity.
In addition, Createlab, who specialise in research, development and design of decorative water-based paints and finishes for interior walls and glass surfaces, will be hosting a live art show on the Disegno stand. The company will be showcasing an art installation by artist Luca Pozzi that forms part of his new series of A.E.W.O.M (Aleph Experiment WithOut Mass). This series uses an innovative photoluminescent interiors paint, developed by Createlab, which in combination with specific lighting tools ie pen, spray can and light roller, allows temporary light painting and graffiti. Createlab will also be conducting temporary graffiti art demonstrations using this Createlab Photonica paint technology at the stand.
INDEX will be organizing a VIP Gala dinner at RS Arabia’s Design House, Palm Jumeirah, on the first evening of the show for the most influential and talented individuals in the interiors industry.
Now in its 19th year, INDEX, organized by dmg world media, has already established itself as a leading player in the global interior design show calendar. Set to take place from 14-17 November at the Dubai World Trade Centre, the focus for INDEX 2009 is on high quality brands with doing business at the core of the event. Disegno supports INDEX’s bigger plan to focus on design and will provide visitors with a unique collection of stunning products.
Lu Buchanan, INDEX Event Director said, “We are delighted that the launch of Disegno will be at INDEX. We are showcasing the best of the best to our visitors and Disegno offers a taste of some of the top International design brands, brought together in what will be a unique and visually stunning stand. It is yet another reason why anyone involved in the interiors industry cannot afford to miss INDEX this year.”
Antonio Cartanese, Managing Director of Duram, speaking on behalf of Disegno added, “RS Arabia, Duram and Kart Furniture have worked together to develop the fabulous concept called Disegno, which will bring together a collection of the best interiors brands around today. We have carefully chosen the exhibiting companies and each will offer something different. We already know that a number of other top brands want to be involved, and our intention is that we will develop the Disegno brand and roll it out in the future, bringing together different companies for every event.”
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)