Syria's new Prime Minister, Mohammed Naji al-Otari on Thursday formed his cabinet. Al Otri, a member of the Syrian ruling Baath party, was entrusted to form the new government by President Bashar al-Assad after Mohammed Moustafa Miro and his cabinet submitted their resignation on Sept. 10.
The new cabinet is expected to make efforts in order to promote domestic administrative and economic reforms as outlined earlier this year by the president.
The following is the list of the ministers:
- Defense Minister, 1st Lt.Gen. Mostafa Tlass.
- Foreign Minister, Farouk al-Shara.
- Expatriates Minister, Dr. Boutaina Sha’ban.
- Health Minister, Dr. Mohammed Iyad al-Shatti.
- Agriculture Minister, Dr. Adel Safar.
- Electrecity Minister, Moneeb Sayem al-Daher.
- Oil Minister, Dr. Ibrahim Haddad.
- Irrigation Minister, Eng. Nader al-Boni.
- Culture Minister, Dr. Mahmoud al-Sayed.
- Information Minister, Ahmad al-Hasan.
- Awkaf Minister, Mohammad Ziyadah.
- Transport Minister, Makram Obied.
- Justice Minister, Nizar al-Assasi.
- Industry Minister, Mohammed Safi Abo Dan.
- Interior Minister, Gen. Ali Haj Hamoud.
- Communication and Technique Minister, Dr. Bashir al-Monajjed.
- Social Affairs and Labor Minister, Seham Dello.
- Housing and Building Minister, Nehad Mushantat.
- Local Administration and Environment, Hilal al-Atrash.
- Education Minister, Dr. Ali Sa’d.
- Finance Minister, Dr. Mohammad al-Hussein.
- Trade Minister, Dr. Ghassan al-Rifa’i.
- Tourism Minister, Dr. Sa’dalla Agha al-Qall’a.
- Higher Education Minister, Dr. Hani Mortada.
- Presidential Affairs Minister Dr. Ghassan al-Lahham.
- State Minister, Youssef Soleiman al-Ahmad.
- State Minister. Dr. Bashar al-Sh’ar.
- State Minister, Mohammed Yehia Kharrat.
- State Minister, Dr. Hussam al-Assoad.
- State Minister, Eng. Ghayath Jur’atli.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)