Funeral held for Palestinian man killed by Israel

Published July 2nd, 2014 - 06:34 GMT

Palestinians in the occupied West Bank have held a funeral for a young man shot dead by Israeli forces during a raid in the Jenin refugee camp.

The 20-year-old Palestinian, identified as Yousef Abu Zagha, was killed on Monday after troops opened fire on him in the northern West Bank. Mourners participated in his funeral at the refugee camp on Tuesday.

The killing happened as Israel attacked the besieged Gaza Strip and the West Bank hours after the bodies of three Israeli settlers, previously reported missing, were found near the town of Halhul north of the city of al-Khalil (Hebron).

The Tel Aviv regime claims the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas is responsible for the death of the three. Hamas rejects the allegation.

Israeli forces have killed several Palestinians and arrested hundreds of others, including Hamas members and lawmakers, as part of the military operations purportedly in search of the three settlers.

A funeral ceremony was also held for the three Israeli teens on Tuesday.

Hamas had earlier denied involvement in the alleged disappearance of the settlers and said Israel is trying to sabotage a recent reconciliation accord reached between the Palestinian factions of Hamas and Fatah, which led to the formation of the Palestinian national unity government last month.

The UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights had urged Israel to exercise restraint in its search for the allegedly missing Israelis. The UN office said the scale of the operations and the number of the people they are affecting is deeply disturbing.


Copyright © 2022 Press TV. All rights reserved.

You may also like