Prince Charles on Thursday was quoted as saying it was the "duty of every true Muslim" to condemn last week's suicide bombings in London. The Prince of Wales also called on them to "root out those among them who preach and practise such hatred and bitterness".
Writing in the Daily Mirror, Charles said that a "deeply evil influence" must have been brought to bear on the "impressionable young minds" of the bombers.
He said that Islam was not the cause of the terrorism, and most Muslims had condemned the atrocities. "Some may think this cause is Islam. It is anything but. It is a perversion of traditional Islam," he said.
"Those who claim to have murdered in the name of Islam have no care for the lives they have so brutally destroyed."