Kidnappers have released two of four Iraqi guards abducted along with an American and a Nepalese from the Baghdad compound of a Saudi company, police said Tuesday.
The two freed guards, who had been beaten, were left blindfolded and handcuffed in Baghdad's Hay al-Amil area late Monday, said a police officer involved with the investigation on condition of anonymity.
"Don't work with them again or else we'll kill you," the kidnappers told the two men, according to the police officer. He said he believed the two were freed because they were from the Fallujah area.
Meanwhile, also on Tuesday, the U.S. military reported overnight airstrikes in Fallujah that destroyed a known "enemy cache site" on the southeast side of the city.
Hospital officials in Fallujah said one person was killed and six others were injured during clashes. It was unclear whether they were casualties of air or ground attacks. (Albawaba.com)