Israeli occupation forces killed a Palestinian child Saturday morning in Jabalya, north of Gaza, witnesses and Palestinian medical sources said.
Witnesses told WAFA that Israeli helicopters opened heavy fire at Palestinian houses in the neighbourhood of Tal al-Z'atar, and killed one child and damaged several houses. The helicopters opened intensive fire at the houses between Jabalya Refugee Camp and Beit Hanoun city.
Medical sources, in Jabalya, said that nine-year-old child, Ihab Shatat, was instantly killed after having been shot with heavy gunfire.
Medics at al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza revealed that the 19-year-old Yousef Nasrallah died Saturday of wounds he sustained during the last month Israeli attack on al-Zaytoon neighbourhood.
Meanwhile, Israeli troops on Saturday were still besieging scores of houses in Beit Hanoun while bulldozers razed arable land, witnesses said.
The Israeli soldiers cut the power off and destroyed the water networks, witnesses added.
Elsewhere, occupation troops shot and killed a 20-year-old Palestinian in the Balata refugee camp near the West Bank town of Nablus.
Palestinian sources said Mahmoud Alahwani, whose younger brother was killed by Israel 10 days ago, was throwing stones at the soldiers when they opened fire on the demonstrators.
For its part, the Palestinian Prisoner Society (PPS) in Hebron said that Israeli forces nabbed, at pre-dawn, Lo'ay al-Wehedy 18, after a large-scale search operation in al-Arroub Refugee Camp of Hebron, leading him to an unknown spot.
PPS stated that the number of Palestinians arrested since June 2004 has mounted to 75. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)