The United Nations says the death toll has increased to nearly 10,000 since Saudi Arabia began a military intervention in Yemen 18 months ago.
The UN Humanitarian Coordinator said in a press conference in the Yemeni capital on Tuesday that the toll was based on official records provided by medical facilities in Yemen.
Jamie McGoldrick added that the figure might be even higher as some areas in Yemen lack medical facilities, and families there often bury loved ones by themselves.
Internal Yemeni sources had previously provided the same number for the casualties in the war.
On Tuesday, Saudi aerial attacks hit a civilian vehicle in the Razih district in the northwestern province of Saada, leaving three people dead and one injured.
Saudi warplanes also bombed a gas station in the districts of Sahar and Baqim as well as the Kahlan military base in Sa’ada Province.
The districts of Nihm and Sanhan in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa were also hit in Saudi air raids.
Saudi jets also pounded several areas across the province of Hajjah in northwestern Yemen.
More air attacks were reported in the province of Taiz as well as Hudaydah Province, where the province’s airport was hit.
There were no immediate reports of possible casualties in the latter air raids.
Copyright © 2019 Press TV. All rights reserved.