The death toll from a recent Saudi airstrike against a wedding party in Yemen's southwestern province of Taiz has crossed the one-hundred mark as Riyadh presses ahead with an atrocious military campaign against its troubled southern neighbor.
Local sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said at least 131 civilians lost their lives and many more sustained injuries as Saudi fighter jets hit the celebration in the Mokha port city, situated 346 kilometers (214 miles) south of the capital, Sana'a, on Monday, the Arabic-language al-Masirah satellite television network reported.
Hospital officials also said 70 women are among the victims of the airborne massacre.
Earlier in the day, Saudi warplanes bombarded the al-Baqa district in Yemen’s mountainous northwestern province of Sa’ada, though there were no immediate reports on casualties and the extent of damage caused.
Over 6,200 Yemenis have reportedly lost their lives in the Saudi airstrikes, and a total of nearly 14,000 people have been injured.
Copyright © 2021 Press TV. All rights reserved.