World Bank pledges support for Yemen funding
A senior official at the World Bank (WB) stressed on Monday the Bank's commitment to follow up the implementation of the funding granted to Yemen in Riyadh donor meeting.
During his meeting with Yemen's Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Mohammed al-Sa'adi, WB's Regional Director Hart Schafer expressed the WB's adherence to enhance its partnership with the Yemeni government to accelerate the allocation process of the financings pledges made in Riyadh donor meeting.
Al-Sa'adi and Schafer reviewed the latest economic developments in the country and possible means to back the government's efforts to fulfill the current transitional stage's requirements.
The also reviewed the underway arrangements for the first follow-up meeting between Yemen and donors to assess the progress of carrying out the outcomes of Riyadh donor meeting and the 4th Friends of Yemen meeting held in New York last September.
The implementation progress of WB-funded projects in the country and the priorities of Bank's aid in the transitional stage were also touched upon in the meeting.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue