World Bank pledges support for Yemen funding
A senior official at the World Bank (WB) stressed on Monday the Bank's commitment to follow up the implementation of the funding granted to Yemen in Riyadh donor meeting.
During his meeting with Yemen's Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Mohammed al-Sa'adi, WB's Regional Director Hart Schafer expressed the WB's adherence to enhance its partnership with the Yemeni government to accelerate the allocation process of the financings pledges made in Riyadh donor meeting.
Al-Sa'adi and Schafer reviewed the latest economic developments in the country and possible means to back the government's efforts to fulfill the current transitional stage's requirements.
The also reviewed the underway arrangements for the first follow-up meeting between Yemen and donors to assess the progress of carrying out the outcomes of Riyadh donor meeting and the 4th Friends of Yemen meeting held in New York last September.
The implementation progress of WB-funded projects in the country and the priorities of Bank's aid in the transitional stage were also touched upon in the meeting.
- Saudi SMEs v overseas enterprises. Who is the winner?
- Why does inflation continue to rise in the UAE?
- With Sisi likely to take over, how will Egypt's 'military economy' look like?
- Will future talks between the IMF and Egypt help the country's economy?
- Is Iran's economy already thriving amidst limited sanctions relief? Apparently so!