Karim Abdel Aziz is almost done with "The Blue Elephant"!
The snow sure was pretty on the pyramids, but its negative affects on Egyptian cinema are still lingering. Take, for example, Karim Abdel Aziz's new film "Al Fil Al Azraq" (The Blue Elephant). The cold weather conditions kept delaying the project so long, it wasn't ready in time for its scheduled winter holiday release.
There is light at the end of the tunnel for the film, though, with only scene left to go before producers can call it a wrap.
Karim said, "The final scenes of the film are proposed to be filmed in Alexandria, and we have tried during the past days to film them, but due to bad weather conditions the filming has been delayed more than once."
According to Laha Magazine, Karim added that the director of the film is placing the final touches on it to have it ready to be screened.
Karim stated that regardless of the time the film will be screened, he is optimistic that it will still achieve the success hoped for. He added that the film is very different than any other filmed currently out.
With two highly controversial films in the country's theaters now, he's got some pretty hefty competition for the title of "most different", but we'll see!
- The one and only! Karim Abdel Aziz kicks phony Twitter accounts to the curb
- After kicking box office booty in "The Blue Elephant", Karim Abdel Aziz is already gearing up for Ramadan 2015
- A critic's take on "The Blue Elephant" in the room
- Doctor, doctor! Karim Abdel Aziz to play alcoholic psychiatrist
- Karim Abdel Aziz shows General Sisi some love through new film production