TotalFinaElf - BP Amoco to increase production in Venezuela Jusepin Oil Field

Published December 4th, 2000 - 02:00 GMT

TotalFinaElf S.A. reported that has started a recuperation project at its Jusepin oil field in eastern Venezuela, the local paper El Universal reported Monday.  

 

The project, which involved an investment of $25 million, will allow an increase of production from 30.000 b/d currently to 40,000 barrels a day (b/d) within the next six months, Carlos Chavez a company official was quoted as saying.  

 

The recuperation project employs a technical solution that consists of injecting water and gas into the oil field to extract additional crude oil or gas. 

 

The French company has a 55 percent stake in the field and with BP Amoco the remaining 45 percent. 

(petroleumworld)  

You may also like

You may also like

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content