Pregnant Meghan Markle proudly cradled her baby bump while showing off her growing stomach in a teaser trailer for her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey - her most high-profile appearance since she and Prince Harry revealed they are expecting their second child later this year.
The 39-year-old emphasized her blossoming baby bump in a $4,700 black Armani dress, which was belted above her stomach and featured floral embroidery over one shoulder. She paired the look with some simple heels from designer Aquazurra and wore a necklace from sustainable designer Pippa Small.
Meghan placed a hand on her bump while fielding questions from 67-year-old TV mogul Oprah - who asked her about her brief time as a royal, and her decision to quit palace life with her husband last year.
Meghan says nothing in either of the short teaser clips that have been released, however Oprah's line of questioning makes clear the sensitive topics that will be covered - some, if not all of which will likely send fears through the palace over what potentially-uncomfortable revelations may come to light during the primetime sit-down.
In what could be seen as a warning to the royal family, Oprah reminds viewers that 'there is no subject that is off limits' while sitting opposite the former Suits star, who simply nods her head in agreement with the bold statement.
Oprah then asks a somber-looking Meghan: 'Were you silent or were you silenced?' in what appears to be another jab at the royal family - this time over the palace's treatment of the Duchess.
Later in the interview, Oprah refers to comments Meghan appears to have made about life in the royal family being 'almost un-survivable.'
Although Meghan says nothing during the two teaser clips that have been released, the videos are likely to prompt fresh fears within Buckingham Palace about what revelations she may bring to light during the interview, particularly when it comes to her experiences of life within the royal family.
Thus far, the Duchess has not addressed her decision to quit royal life directly, and it is likely that her sit-down with Oprah will be the first time that she discusses her reasons for leaving the UK, and what it was like for her to join the royal family.
No subject was off limits. The world’s first look at “Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special”👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/8hoxc023mX— Omid Scobie (@scobie) March 1, 2021
Both are topics that could well bring up potentially-embarrassing revelations for the palace.
In another part of her interview with Meghan, Oprah appeared to reference comments Meghan previously made where she called life as a royal 'almost un-survivable.'
'"Almost un-survivable" sounds like there was a breaking point,' Oprah said to Meghan.
Similarly there are fears about what Prince Harry may disclose during the primetime interview, including the rift with his brother Prince William.
The 36-year-old is much more vocal in the teaser clips, reflecting on his late mother Princess Diana's troubled life and tragic death, telling Oprah that his 'biggest fear was history repeating itself', while describing the process of leaving the royal family as 'unbelievably tough'.
Harry said he was 'relieved' to be opening up with Meghan by his side - adding that he can't imagine what his mother endured while 'going through this process by herself.'
'I'm just really relieved and happy to be sitting here talking to you with my wife by my side because I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like for her going through this process by herself all those years ago,' Harry said.
'Because it's been unbelievably tough for the two of us but at least we have each other.'
As the trailer drew to a close, the couple held hands as Oprah said to them: 'You've said some pretty shocking things here.'
Oprah's very rare sit-down interview with Prince Harry and Meghan is scheduled to air on CBS at 8pm on March 7.
The teaser will raise fears at Buckingham Palace that the interview will be a no-holds barred airing of the couple's feud with the Royals - weeks after their 'petulant' and 'horribly disrespectful' swipe at The Queen telling her 'service is universal' left Prince William and courtiers furious.
The way the couple blindsided the Palace and the Queen with the Oprah deal also created anger and prompted the announcement that they would lose their royal patronages.
The trailers for the interview just weeks after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are currently residing in California, confirmed they were preparing to welcome a brother or sister for their son Archie, who will be two in May, later this year.
A spokesperson for Meghan and Harry said this month: 'We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.'
The couple shared their announcement - aptly on Valentine's Day - by posting a black and white image of Harry resting his hand on Meghan's head as she lay in his lap underneath a tree.
'The photograph of the Duke and Duchess was was taken by the couple's longtime friend Misan Harriman. What wonderful news for the Sussexes!!' their spokesperson added.
Harry and Meghan shocked the world last year when they stepped down as senior royals and announced they were moving to North America with baby Archie, who will turn two in May.
The couple have been hunkering down at a sprawling nine-bedroom mansion in Montecito that they purchased for $14.65 million last June.
Their baby announcement came just days after Harry's cousin Princess Eugenie welcomed a baby boy on February 9.
Baby Sussex will be the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's 10th or 11th great-grandchild, depending on whether he or she arrives before or after Zara Tindall's baby, which is also due in 2021.
He or she will still be eighth-in-line to the throne, bumping the Duke of York, Andrew, to the ninth slot and knocking his youngest daughter Eugenie out of the top 10.
Last year baby loss charities applauded Meghan Markle for providing a 'vital step in breaking down that stigma and shame' around miscarriage after she revealed the 'unbearable grief' she had suffered after losing her second baby.
In an article written for the New York Times, the Duchess of Sussex said she lost her second child after feeling a 'sharp cramp' while changing her son Archie's nappy in July at her Los Angeles home.
She wrote in the New York Times: 'After changing his [Archie's] diaper, I felt a sharp cramp. I dropped to the floor with him in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm, the cheerful tune a stark contrast to my sense that something was not right'.
In the piece called 'The Losses We Share', she said: 'I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second'.
She added: 'Hours later, I lay in a hospital bed, holding my husband's hand. I felt the clamminess of his palm and kissed his knuckles, wet from both our tears. Staring at the cold white walls, my eyes glazed over. I tried to imagine how we'd heal.'
© Associated Newspapers Ltd.