At least two people have been wounded in a bomb explosion in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.
The Sunday blast occurred near a building with administrative offices for Egypt’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and caused minor damage to the structure, the state-run Middle East News Agency (MENA) reported.
The report quoted Egypt’s Ministry of Health as saying that the two victims were taken to a hospital; however, there was no word on their conditions.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the attack, yet.
Back on July 11, another bomb attack carried out by Daesh claimed the life of a passer-by in front of the Italian Consulate in Cairo.
Security has deteriorated across Egypt, particularly in the Sinai Peninsula, roughly since July 2013.
The Velayat Sinai group, which is allied to Daesh, has been behind most of the attacks that have killed many Egyptian police officers, soldiers, judiciary officials, and ordinary people over the past months.
On Sunday, Egypt’s Interior Ministry said militants affiliated with Daesh shot and killed an Egyptian brigadier general in the restive city of el-Arish, the capital of Sinai Peninsula.
In a similar accident last week, the militant group killed Khaled Kamal Osman, another general with Egypt’s Interior Ministry, in a drive-by shooting in el-Arish.
The Egyptian army has been engaged in a fresh military offensive against the militants in Sinai over the past weeks. The army says hundreds of militants have been killed in the operations.
Editor's note: This article has been edited from the source material
Copyright © 2019 Press TV. All rights reserved.