Iraqi contractor working with US forces beheaded

Published October 2nd, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Iraq's Army of Ansar al-Sunna group posted a video on its website showing an Iraqi man being beheaded after "confessing" he was a contractor with US occupation forces.  

 

"I am engineer Bareh Nafeh Daoud Ibrahim ... I work as a contractor at the Americans' Taji camp" north of Baghdad, said the man, who was wearing a "Taji Access Badge" around his neck.  

 

The man, who said he had also worked for the Iraqi national guard, was later shown having his throat slit to shouts of Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest), in the video.  

 

The faces of the gunmen who beheaded him were not seen in the footage, but their voices were heard as the decapitation unfolded.  

 

The man who appeared in the video Saturday said his work for US forces at Taji camp involved "building water and sewage networks and refrigerating equipment" and had been going on since June.  

 

"I also installed three communication networks for the national guard," he said. (albawaba.com) 

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content