Wednesday marks the last day allowing the evacuation of Palestinians from the Khan al-Ahmar village, east of Jerusalem, after the Israeli High Court's ruling to demolish the village.
Israeli forces were deployed around Khan al-Ahmar since Tuesday afternoon searching the ID cards of people entering the village, whether residents or supporting activists.
Locals said that Israeli forces sealed the main gate leading to Khan al-Ahmar.
Israeli forces also prevented activists from entering in their vehicles as supporters of the village are protesting inside against the Israeli decision to demolish it.
Last week, the Israeli High Court rejected an appeal against the demolition of the village and ruled for its evacuation and demolition to take place within seven days.
Secretary General of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) Executive Committee Saeb Erekat had announced, on Tuesday, that the Palestinian leadership has submitted a case for "Israeli war crimes" in the Khan al-Ahmar to the International Criminal Court in the Hague.
The Committee against the Wall and Settlements had said, on Monday, that it will appeal the Israeli High Court's decision approving the demolition of the Bedouin village of Khan al-Ahmar, at international courts rather than Israeli courts.
Since July, Khan al-Ahmar has been under threat of demolition by Israeli forces; the demolition would leave more than 35 Palestinian families displaced, as part of an Israeli plan to expand the nearby illegal Israeli settlement of Kfar Adummim.
This article has been adapted from its original source.
All Rights Reserved © Ma'an News Agency 2005 - 2020