No summer "Fame" for Amr Diab after all: "Al Shuhra" postponed until Ramadan 2015
Our Ramadan drama marathon just got a little less A-list. Amr Diab will not be in the lineup after all. Despite the long preparations for the new drama "Al Shuhra" (Fame) starring the Egyptian superstar, the show's writer Midhat Al Adel has decided to postpone the airing of the drama from this Ramadan season to that of next year.
According to Laha Magazine, Midhat noted that the project still needs more preparations making it impossible to be ready for this Ramadan. Midhat added that he is working hard to complete writing all the episodes and filming of the scenes will begin after this year's holy month concludes.
With this change of events, Amr will be following in the footsteps of "no show" Sherihan, who also had to recently withdraw from her drama "Dumoo Al Cinderella" (Tears of Cinderella) due to the constant delay by its makers.
- Amr Diab seeks “Fame” as an actor
- You won't be seeing Hani Salama in a "Jewish Neighborhood" next Ramadan because of Amr Diab!
- No "Fame" for Yasmine Abdel Aziz
- No “Al Wiswas” this Ramadan: stars Tayem Hassan and Zeina are too busy with other projects
- Don't cry for me Middle East: Sherihan pulls out of "Cinderella's Tears"