No summer "Fame" for Amr Diab after all: "Al Shuhra" postponed until Ramadan 2015
Our Ramadan drama marathon just got a little less A-list. Amr Diab will not be in the lineup after all. Despite the long preparations for the new drama "Al Shuhra" (Fame) starring the Egyptian superstar, the show's writer Midhat Al Adel has decided to postpone the airing of the drama from this Ramadan season to that of next year.
According to Laha Magazine, Midhat noted that the project still needs more preparations making it impossible to be ready for this Ramadan. Midhat added that he is working hard to complete writing all the episodes and filming of the scenes will begin after this year's holy month concludes.
With this change of events, Amr will be following in the footsteps of "no show" Sherihan, who also had to recently withdraw from her drama "Dumoo Al Cinderella" (Tears of Cinderella) due to the constant delay by its makers.
- Bushra bashes rumor that she was nixed from Amr Diab's "Fame" cast
- A Girl’s Gotta Do What a Girl’s Gotta Do! Amel Bouchoucha turns down "Fame" with Amr Diab
- Amr Diab shows us how it's done with TEN new songs for his upcoming TV drama "Fame"
- Amr Diab begins preparations for new film
- We'll be summer lovin' Amr Diab's new album: Egyptian songster working his magic